Tuesday, August 19, 2008

First Post!!

This is my first time blogging, and I intend to throw up all my thoughts on this blog.

Why am I creating his blog? Well for one, I want to let all of you guys know what's up with me at sea, and secondly, I want to record my experiences so I can remember them in the best way possible, through words of course.

So now on the fun stuff. I have one more week until I leave home for almost 4 months. I'm of course, very anxious and excited at the same time. For all of you guys that still have no clue what I'm referring to when I say "at sea," I'm talking about Semester at Sea:


http://www.semesteratsea.org/fall-2008.php

Basically, it's a cruise ship that goes all around the world. But there are major differences. The ship sails with 700 students from all over the United States, and with a bunch of faculty and staff; all students take 4 classes on the ship. Also, the food is buffet style cafeteria food, so I'm expecting to get the Junior 15 (aka Freshmen 15), but hopefully not!

The countries I am visiting:
1. Bahamas (Voyage Begins)
2. Brazil
3. Namibia
4. South Africa
5. India
6. Malaysia
7. Vietnam
8. Hong Kong
9. China
10. Japan
11. Hawaii
12. Costa Rica
13. Miami, Florida (Voyage ends)

The countries I am most excited about are India and Vietnam. Ive heard a lot of stories from these countries, so I'm expecting a lot.

One more week, and World, Here I Come!

1 comment:

Alan said...

Post comments you guys!

 

Advertisement